Vacation is a time to relax and let go of all you worries. But most of us don’t wanna come back 10 lbs heavier. Over the years I’ve learned some tips and tricks to help you have an awesome time on vacation and still maintain(or even lose) weight.
- Workout and eat right before vacation. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit, so doing this 21 days before vacation will help you to stick to it on vacation.
- Eat food you normally would on the first few days. If you have eggs with toast normally, eat that on your first day. This will help your body transition to their food and will help to diminish cravings. And for the middle/last few days branch out.
- Start breakfast with fruit and lunch and dinner with a salad(or plate of veggies). This will take up some room in your stomach so you won’t feel compelled to eat as much for the actual meal.
- Have one cheat food/meal a day. If you want to eat a pastry for breakfast, then eat it. But try and make that your only cheat for the day.
- Workout 5 days a week. This can be playing beach volleyball or running on the treadmill for 30 minutes. But try and keep active to burn off some of the calories your eating.
- Take a workout notebook. Just in case the place your going to doesn’t have a gym take a notebook filled with body weight/no equipment workouts to do in your room.
- Don’t drink to much. I’m in high school so I don’t drink but I know that beer is empty calories. Drink alcohol sparingly(trust me, ever hear of a beer belly). Also watch the pina coladas and other tropical drinks, I drank at least 2-4 a day last vacation and cam home 8 lbs heavier.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Most of us forget get because were too busy partying, but this is very important. Dehydration is a serious issue and its caused by too little fluids. A trick for this is always get a water with breakfast, lunch and dinner and if you order that pina colada, order a water with it.
- Get those 8 hours of sleep. Although you may stay out late try and get in your sleep. This is especially important for jet lag recovery to get your body back on schedule.
- Have fun! Enjoy yourself and relax. This is still vacation.
Those are all my tips but if you have anymore please leave them in the comment to help out the other readers!