I guess we didn’t die this year so it’s time for New Years Resolutions! The second half of this year has been amazing for me. I learned so much about myself and gained so much confidence. I have accomplished things that I dreamed about months ago. I’ve grown and everyday when I look in mirror I stare and think when did I become this person. With this new found confidence, I now can pursue my dreams without caring if anyone looks at me weird. I will make 2013 the best year of my life, hopefully as good as this one or better. Here are my goals for 2013:
- Grow My Blog: This blog is like my baby and I want it to grow over this new year. Since I’ve been thinking of going into the fashion industry this could possibly act as a portfolio. I want more quality posts showcasing my ability to style and forecast trends. This also includes getting a logo and a website design.
- Purchase materials to make this blog better: To start taking better pictures I want to get a DLSR camera. And to make this blog more profession I want to purchase a domain name.
- Connect with 1 Brand: I want to start working with one brand this year and maybe host a giveaway!
- Join a few Blogger Program: This includes Teen Vogue’s program, iFabbo, Next, theitsgirls and maybe some brands blogger programs.
- Get to a comfortable weight/body: I’ve been on this weight loss journey for so long and I’ve lost so much weight but I’ve gotten complacent. I want to rev up this year and lose the rest of this weight and get to more comfortable with myself.
- Get GPA to a 3.5: I had a 3.8 last year but I know it dropped from my grades last marking period. I want to get it to at least a 3.5 by the end of the year.
- Start working on a portfolio: If I’m serious about going into the fashion industry I have to start working on a portfolio of shoots that I style and do the makeup for. This will also be good practice for the future.
- Start a fashion club at school/working on a fashion show: I want to start a fashion club because it looks good on college applications and maybe I could make a few friends that share this passion. I also want to start working on a fashion show for my Gold Award for Girl Scouts.
- Run a Half Marathon: My running has gotten a lot better these past few weeks and I want to eventually run a half marathon this year. I’m think around September I’ll be ready.
- Learn more about fashion: I want to immerse myself in fashion. I want to read memoirs biographies, books, etc. I want to know everything so research will be my friend.
- Keep up with my fashion journal: I just started it yesterday(tutorial coming soon) and I want to continue to paste articles in it and write everything I learn in it. By the end of the year I want it to become a sort of fashion bible.
- Get a job: I need money, simplest explanation.
- Be more friendly: I’ve very awkward around people I don’t normally talk to. I hate it, so I’m going to try and change it. I wanna be more friendly and talk to people more instead of just avoiding them.
This post is a submission for the IFB project