I heard this problem so many times before. You eat fine at home and once you leave the house and go out to dinner you can’t control yourself. Here are some tips on staying healthy while eating out:
- Check the nutrition facts before you leave. This way you know exactly how many calories, how many grams of fat, sodium, etc. And you can plan your day accordingly.
- Don’t starve yourself the day of or the day after! This will only slow your metabolism and make things worse. Instead keep hydrated and eat healthy the day of and the day after.
- Box up half your meal once you get it. Most restaurants serve 2 or 3 times a serving size. Once your meal is served, ask your server nicely if they can bring you a take out box. This way you won’t be tempted to eat all of it in one night.(And you get lunch for the next day!)
- Workout that day. Workouting out will not only help cancel off some of the excess calories, but will also make you feel better about enjoying yourself and make you less tempted to overindulge too much.
- Skip the bread and appetizers. They are only unnecessary calories that you don’t need.
- Go with water. Juices are filled with sugar. Instead get a water and not only save calories but also $$$.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself! Spending time with friends and family is an important part of life and over analyzing it will make it less enjoyable. If you overindulge, so what?! It’s only one day, just hop back on the train the next day and you’ll be fine.