I was looking at my new years resolutions and realized I had to change a few because a future career change. I just crossed out a few and added 2 that are more suited to my current goals.
- Grow My Blog: This blog is like my baby and I want it to grow over this new year.
Since I’ve been thinking of going into the fashion industry this could possibly act as a portfolio.I want more quality posts showcasing my ability to style and forecast trends. This also includes getting a logo and a website design.
- Purchase materials to make this blog better:
To start taking better pictures I want to get a DLSR camera.And to make this blog more profession I want to purchase a domain name.
- Connect with 1 Brand: I want to start working with one brand this year and maybe host a giveaway!
- Join a few Blogger Program: This includes Teen Vogue’s program, iFabbo, Next, theitsgirls, FitFluential and maybe some brands blogger programs.
- Get to a comfortable weight/body: I’ve been on this weight loss journey for so long and I’ve lost so much weight but I’ve gotten complacent. I want to rev up this year and lose the rest of this weight and get to more comfortable with myself.
- Get GPA to a 3.5: I had a 3.8 last year but I know it dropped from my grades last marking period. I want to get it to at least a 3.5 by the end of the year.
Start working on a portfolio: If I’m serious about going into the fashion industry I have to start working on a portfolio of shoots that I style and do the makeup for. This will also be good practice for the future. Start a fashion club at school/working on a fashion show: I want to start a fashion club because it looks good on college applications and maybe I could make a few friends that share this passion. I also want to start working on a fashion show for my Gold Award for Girl Scouts.
- Run a Half Marathon: My running has gotten a lot better these past few weeks and I want to eventually run a half marathon this year. I’m think around September I’ll be ready.
Learn more about fashion: I want to immerse myself in fashion. I want to read memoirs biographies, books, etc. I want to know everything so research will be my friend.
- Keep up with my fashion journal: I just started it yesterday(tutorial coming soon) and I want to continue to paste articles in it and write everything I learn in it. By the end of the year I want it to become a sort of fashion bible.
- Get a job: I need money, simplest explanation.
- Be more friendly: I’m very awkward around people I don’t normally talk to. I hate it, so I’m going to try and change it. I wanna be more friendly and talk to people more instead of just avoiding them.
- Start work on Girl Scouts Gold Award: I really want to put this on my college resume so I have to start working on it soon. I’m hoping to do something health and fitness related because that really is a passion of mine.
- Run a sub 25 min 5k: I plan on doing cross country this coming fall and it would be awesome to get a varsity letter(so I can get a varsity jacket). But really I just want to prove to myself that I can run a 8 min mile for 3 mi.